Lori Ashmore Peters
List All Members | Managing Attorneys:
- Managing Attorney
- The Ashmore Law Firm, P.C.
- 3636 Maple Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75219
Mrs. Lori Ashmore Peters was admitted to practice in Texas in 1996. Her background is in Probate, Business Planning, Ancillary Probate, Estate Planning, Guardianships and Mental Health Law. She has been certified to serve as Attorney Ad Litem and Guardian Ad Litem in the Probate Courts in Texas. She has served as Court appointed Attorney Ad Litem on numerous cases, as well as Guardian and Guardian Ad Litem. She works with litigation law firms as a probate consultant and speaks with litigation attorneys regarding the necessity for probate, ancillary probate and possible estate planning as it relates to lawsuits. She also works with many attorneys and Judges throughout Texas and the United States.
Mrs. Peters also dedicates a portion of her practice to working with mentally ill individuals. She serves as special probate judge for Probate Court No. 3, Dallas County and serves as Court-appointed attorney on Mental Illness cases. She has also served as Master over Probable Cause Hearings. Additionally, she represents families in obtaining Mental Illness Warrants to protect loved ones who may be a danger to themselves or to others, as well as representing family members in obtaining a guardianship over a loved one who suffers from a mental illness.
Among other matters, Mrs. Peters has:
- Represented clients in seeking probate and administering complex estates involving banking, real estate, oil and gas and business transaction matters.
- Presented educational presentations on the importance of Estate Planning and Probate, as well as the Guardianship and Mental Illness process, to various groups, organizations, professionals and businesses.
- Represented clients in preparing estate plans involving asset protection and tax planning.
- Represented clients in preparing an estate plan for proceeds received in multimillion dollar lawsuits.
- Appeared on KLIF 820 AM as a legal expert discussing issues such as Estate Planning, Probate, Guardianships, End of Life issues and Incapacity Planning.
- Represented families in Guardianship matters to protect the person and estate of an incapacitated loved one.
- Represented families in obtaining Mental Illness Warrants to protect loved ones who were a danger to themselves or others.
- Prepared paperwork for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization from Articles of Incorporation and By-laws to completing form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Presented at Law Firm Pro Bono Wills Clinic CLE for Attorneys.
- Presented and submitted an article at the Guardianship Attorney Ad Litem certification seminar.
- Presented and submitted an article at the Institute for Paralegal Education, A Paralegal`s Guide, The Probate Process from Start to Finish.
- Authored articles for The Elite News.
- Authored articles featured in Senior Living.
- Authored books on the Probate Process and Estate Planning.
- Authored various blogs.
Texas Wesleyan University (J.D., 1996)
Texas A&M University (B.A, 1991)
Bar and Court Admissions:
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement:
- State Bar of Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- First Republican Women`s Association
- Advisory Council on Money Management- Senior Citizens of Greater Dallas
- Texas A&M University- Former Student Association
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member of Friends of Reverchon
- Board of Directors of the Maurine F. Bailey Cultural Foundation
- Dallas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation Fellow
- Junior League of Dallas
- Received the Elite News 4th Annual Women of Excellence Award
- Super Lawyers 2012, 2013 & 2014
Download a Publication:
Estate Planning, Wills, and Trusts